The primary responsibility of the Internal Auditor is the coordination of specific processes to support the implementation and execution of the audit plan, monitoring compliance, preparing and presenting audit findings and recommendations and providing assurance of compliance to statutory requirements and policies and procedures.
You will be conducting internal financial, operational, and/or system audits and risk assessments. Performs audit procedures on financial and computer system records to ensure information system integrity and transaction validity, accuracy and completeness and reports discrepancies. Assists in preparing audit plans and understands the specific issues to be evaluated. Prepares formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and makes recommendations as appropriate. Requires audit knowledge and skills in finance/accounting and/or information system operations. The understanding of a risk-based model is of utmost importance.
Your work with senior management will provide evidence to stakeholders that they are managing their business effectively and give comfort on control efficiencies and risk management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate processes to support implementation and execution of audit plans.
- Works closely with the more senior internal auditing team to determine and plan the scope and objective of an internal audit specifying the resource requirements and the engagement work program.
- Work with stakeholders to coordinate reporting and ensure all stakeholders are aware of the audit details and areas of concern.
- Remains current with best practice and legislation and related business operational processes to enable analyses and review of a variety of risk and compliance areas in the business depending on the scope identified in the audit plan.
- Analyzing the operations in a way which closely follows the rules and procedures supporting the organization’s goals and objectives to determine compliance to these procedures.
- Analyzing and evaluating the internal controls to determine its effectiveness in mitigating risks and threats and to ensure the reliability of financial reports and compliance to laws and statutory reports.
- Evaluates methods used by the client to protect its assets and assesses the relevance of safeguards.
- Professionally communicate audit findings to required stakeholders.
- Prepare a final audit report for submission and distribution to the various stakeholders and the adequacy and effectiveness of stakeholder action plans are assessed and implementation is monitored and reported in writing
- Review outcome of audit process in terms of objectives, quality, completeness and feedback.
- Conduct audit finding presentations to management.
- Provides objective evaluations of internal controls, risk management efforts and governance processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrable analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to interpret complex processes, policies and financial and legal documents.
- Ability to identify risk within complex processes.
- Ability to understand and interpret data.
- Requires audit knowledge and skills in finance/accounting and/or information system operations.
- Specialist at gathering, analysing and evaluating facts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive in approach and meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-starter and goal driven.
- Innovative problem-solver.
- High performance individual.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to work in high pressure environments and deliver high quality work.
- Comfortable with interacting with senior management and executives.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and findings to a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to provide insights and value into audit plan, procedures and outcomes.
- BCom Hons in Internal Audit/ Accounting / Financial / Commercial field of study.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (preferable).
- Certified Internal Auditor (preferable).