Information Technology (IT) Auditors help organizations secure its data and systems from external or internal threats by analysing and assessing their technology systems and infrastructure to ensure systems are secure, efficient, accurate and compliant.
As an IT Auditor you will assist the organization by protecting its internal controls and data within its technology system. You will safeguard information by identifying weaknesses and create strategies to prevent security breaches. You will examine the organizations IT system to ensure sufficient controls are kept, security of data stored or transported. You will classify technology issues and provide additional recommendations to management with solutions to fix internal controls.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning, scoping and risk assessments on assignments.
- Assist with the development of the IT Audit Plan and Methodology within the established Internal Audit structures that contributes towards the department’s performance targets and maintain suitable records to demonstrate this.
- Business process reviews supported by data analytics.
- To execute the risk-based ICT audits including but not limited to: ICT Governance Review, ICT Frameworks, Implementation & Staged Gate Reviews, Application Controls, General IT Controls (ITGC), Data Migrations Reviews.
- Performing ICT audit action item follow-up testing.
- Perform data analytics and creating advanced data analytics to enable risk-based auditing.
- Develop and maintain the continuous CAATs auditing plan and procedures for the computerised information system to address risks in line with the approved IT audit plan.
- Provide ad-hoc advice under supervision regarding computerised information systems internal control, corporate governance and risk management.
- Development of robust systems of IT controls.
- Travel to client sites.
- Create and maintain authentic, timely and reliable records in relation to your duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, written/ verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task. This includes the aptitude for ambiguous and complex concepts and processes.
Strong persuasion skills in engaging with process owners.
- Strong sense of accountability taking personal ownership of work and deliverables.
- Acting with integrity and always apply ethical standards in all situations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained during performance of internal auditing duties.
- Team Player – collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organisation, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Ability to build strong relationships with the process owners at all levels of business, maintain those relationship and obtain buy-in for continuous improvement
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Information Systems (B. Com or B.Sc. Computer Science)
- Professional qualification in either of the following: CISA/CISM
- Certified Ethical Hacker / Cyber Security Certification (recommended)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role